Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yes, it's me again...


.....the lazy blogger....but I do have some form of excuse, we are so busy these days...oh wait...that's my old excuse...hmmm...ok nope, got nothing new. 


The truth is, we have been trying to finish up Bobby's album, Melissa's album, get Alex's album safely mixed and mastered, finish up pr materials for the VIMBC, start fall bookings, and gig and rehearse. In the heat. With little sleep. And a cold.


Having whined, I will now say that in my spare moments I am sifting through loads of material for you, the 'emerging artist' or the 'emerged artists' both of whom are trying to make your way in today's music industry.


I read a lot and pass on the juicy bits like this, David JGester's most recent blog on 'giving goosebumps'. I liked it because this is what we try very hard to do here at Rave On. There is enough sugar out there and if you ask me, North America is obese as it is, why keep feeding the monster!


http://internetmusicstartup.blogspot.com/2009/06/are-you-in-business-of-sugar-rushes-or.html


Another find today (or tonight rather, while everyone is at hockey) is Bob D'Eith (Music BC) and Marc LaFrance's (Delinquent Records) new project: Soundplan Consulting.com, a one stop shop for today's DIY'fer. I just sent them an email, so will get back to you with some scoop.


It looks like these places will be cropping up now, another similar site on it's way is www.kurb.co.nz, which looks like it will focus a lot on Internet Music Marketing etc.


But for those of your who have time and inclination, you can still use Derek's great advice and truly DIY: sivers.org - and he is always happy to answer your questions as well - for free!


I'm a DIY'fer, but only because I'm cheap and stubborn....

No comments: