Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friday


Kind of a slow day, woke up far too early (we have construction next door)....

Did some booking for one of Elka's bands that is coming out a the end of Feb. (www.myspace.com/roammusic), they may play a date or two with Melissa, started to look at bookings for Keith to promote his upcoming album. Missed a meeting with Dave - (where are you?) And did some admin.

Oh also realized that I did not know how to wire speakers in series. Or rather I should say, I KNEW it in theory and could tell you what it means (as opposed to wired in parallel) and how it sounds, but I got a little muddled when it came to actually DOING it.....there was a spare wire in there...where did that wire come from? what is that one for? Turns out it was just a spare and is now removed.

Well excuses aside, it's done anyway.

Found out from the K&K tech that my mic DI is ancient and will probably only work on a sax and not my bodhran - we usually use the 57 for sax, but maybe we can come up with some other cool application for this little clip on...

This weekend will be spent in session with Melissa, we have 5 vocals to do, and probably another 6 by the weeks' end, as Jason will be back from tour...and I have to wrap up the Finland book and get it sent over.

It will be busy, but in the midst of it all you can bet I'll be taking a break at 11:30 to watch SNL. I haven't yet this season, but Steve Martin is hosting, so...need I say more?

No comments: