Friday, November 7, 2008

Why I love recording..


First of all, hurray for Gina! Look at you there all fine and dandy on the cover - yeehaw! Last of my 3 articles for this magazine in this issue ...

Next - I realized as we were working on Bobby's song 'One More', why I love recording so much. I had the tambourine in my hand, grooving a long to the beat and it hit me...suddenly I was transported back to the portables at Blueridge Elementary, sitting on the dampish, bile yellow indoor/outdoor carpet...clapping my hands.

This was music class...hmmm, grade 4 or 5 maybe? Can't remember the teacher, long blonde hair, big glasses? Anyway, there was a box full of percussion stuff; bells, tambourines and the like. When the box came out kids went crazy diving into it grabbing what they could. I always sat back, and politely waited my turn. Silly kid, I always ended up with nothing, and the teacher's voice ringing in my ears, even now, "those of you without an instrument can clap your hands along in time". Wow, it was like being the last picked for teams.

Anyway, I always wanted the tambourine...but now that I think about it, I would have probably been to shy to make much noise with it.

And that is one of the million reasons I love recording. Now, here beside me I have a basket filled with percussion, a room filled with guitars and amps and loads of other instruments that I get to play with all the live long day.

It just doesn't get better than this.

No comments: